Prominences

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Describing it would take a long time. But we made a good guess on Walnut Ridge, AR where they had a good fly-in crowd. We had very, very thin high clouds and tracked with a huge range of exposures. Will take another 3 days getting home, with headwinds and dodging weather. Then I’ll do some PS stuff.

Here’s a teaser at 3rd contact with a huge prominence. Super short exposure – part of an HDR set from 1/4000 sec to 2 sec.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome.

Technical Details

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 9.34.07 PM

Just a cropped raw frame. All I have time to do for now, after 3 hours of flying after we packed up and headed west.

4 Likes

Diane,

Outstanding capture of that massive prominence. Can’t wait for the full processed images. Safe Flight home!

Gorgeous! I was in southern IL and could see the prominences but couldn’t capture them. I struggled a lot with vibration. Can’t wait to see the processed version!

Hooray! You got something! Very cool. The world is flooded with eclipse pics, but I’m trying to only pay attention to yours and whoever else here got any. We were not near totality zone and it was raining all day so couldn’t see anything anyway.

Very cool! What Kris said - we’re awaiting your awesome eclipse photos! I’m glad you got relatively decent skies for seeing it.

Glad you found clear skies, Diane. This is a wonderful teaser and I’m really looking forward to seeing what you can do with the rest.

Great shot, Diane ! I figured you would find a better location than Uvalde when the weather started to crump here. Enviously exquisite image. Can’t wait to see more whe you get back.

Very cool image! The prominences have wonderful color. I can’t wait to see your remaining images of this eclipse…Jim

Thanks, @Youssef_Ismail, @Dan_Hicks, @Kris_Smith, @Bonnie_Lampley, @Dennis_Plank, @linda_mellor and @Jim_Zablotny! Finally home and can’t wait to try some PS magic on the set of exposures.

1 Like

Us too, looking forward to more of your amazing images.

The prominences were a stunning feature for this eclipse. Looking forward to seeing your other images!

Thanks, @linda_mellor and @DeanRoyer – still trying to find the time for some tedious corrections.