Fall Harrier it won't be that long before the leaves start turning.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

this was taken at a local wildlife refuge in South Western Washington. Lots of hawks; fortunately this one just had a nice background.

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

ISO 3200, 400 mm plus 2x,F5 .6, 1100th, shot through a car window, Sony A1

4 Likes

Oh, man! That is absolutely stunning. Super sharp, and interesting raptor with a made for the purpose background for it. If this were mine, it’d be a wall-hanger. I love the raptors, and have gotten some harrier shots but none like this. Stunning.

David: you’ve made a beautiful action of the bird in flight. My only very minor suggestions would be to tone down the very bright colors of the background which compete with the bird for attention and to add a slight vignette. Very well seen and caught!

Very good, David. An excellent image of the Harrier and those are certainly nice fall colors in the background.

What a gorgeous image, great colors. The only thing I might consider would be making the background a little more blurry, but that’s a very minor thought. It’s great as is.

I would love to get a shot like this. Excellent, as is.

Wonderful capture with great pose and sharpness!! I think the BG saturation is a bit high. The LL corner pulls my attention and I think it could be blended more in coloration. The darker area at the bottom and the lighter area on the right edge could also be subdued to take it over the top.

Nice flying pose and excellent detail. Great background colors to complement the harrier.

Awesome shot David. I love the catchlight in the eye, and the BG is wonderful. I can see toning it down just a touch to get the hawk to stand out more. Personal preference I guess. Fantastic!

Hi David, nice in flight capture with good sharpness on the bird and nice wings down pose. Nice composition with room in front for the bird to fly into. I find the BG pleasing.