Serene Chaos +Rework

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

With the ocean’s wrath behind, the Cormorant is a study in waiting. It sees the rhythm of time in the waves, stands alone but not lonely.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

324 mm at ISO 800 and 1⁄3200sec at ƒ/10

Well you found the perch of the day, Saundie. I like the pose of the cormorant and the background is awesome. Depending on your taste in such matters, you might clean up the bird doo on the shelf of rock, but it doesn’t really bother me. Nice detail and exposure on the bird, which isn’t easy with a black and white bird.

Hi Saundie, nice look at this bird overseeing his/her domain with the crashing sea behind. A regal pose from the cormorant. Well done.

@Allen_Sparks @Dennis_Plank

Thanks for the feedback! It took me almost an hour to get this Little Pied Cormorant comfortable enough to join him/her on the outcrop. I am learning that taking images of birds requires a lot of patience, which is not normally my strong suit.

I removed the doo, Dennis. It doesn’t really bother me either, but I can see how it may be a distraction for some people.

Allen, I had my speed jacked up to 1⁄3200sec, hoping for some bird-in-flight action, which I did get, and thanks to your advice, they are sharp. I figured, why not just leave it at this speed when out shooting birds? As you said, this camera at the higher ISO seems to handle noise really well. Thanks again for that valuable advice! :pray:

1 Like